Monday 31 August 2015

WoW!! Liverpool Sign Nigerian Starlet Taiwo Awoniyi (Photo)


Liverpool signed teenage Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi on Monday and immediately sent him out on loan to German club FSV Frankfurt.

Brendan Rodgers’ side have brought Awoniyi to Anfield from Imperial Academy in Nigeria after fending off reported interest from Porto and Monaco.The 18-year-old is understood to have cost around £400,000 ($614,000, 547,371 euros) and will spend the rest of the season learning his trade on loan with Frankfurt in the German second tier.

“This is the biggest club in the world and I’m privileged to be here,” Awoniyi told Liverpool’s website.

“I’ll try to develop myself very well so that when I come back to Liverpool I’ll be able to add value to the team.

“When I’m in the red shirt, I will always give my very best to make the fans happy.”

Awoniyi is a current Nigeria Under-23 international and has also played for the Super Eagles at the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment